Prince,

I missed the part about selecting to contiguous cell groups. And come to
think of it, it doesn't necessarily have to be non-empty.

Try this

Sub T()

    Dim rngCluster As Range
    Dim rng As Range

    Set rngCluster = Application.Union(Range("A1:C3"), Range("D5:E10"))
    MsgBox rngCluster.Areas.Count
    For Each obj In rngCluster.Areas
        MsgBox obj.Address
    Next obj

End Sub

Regards,
Sam Mathai Chacko

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 4:33 PM, Prince Dubey <prince141...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Sam,
>

> Thanks for the reply,
> I did the same as you have mentioned in your post i created a range A1:E9
> in which i inserted data from A1:C3 and then D5:E9 and i wrote
> Sheet1.range(A1:E9).Areas(1).Address but it returned $A$1:$E$9  as address
> and in case of Sheet1.range(A1:E9).Areas(1).count it returned 1  .
>

> regards
>
> On Sunday, 29 July 2012 00:28:46 UTC+5:30, Prince Dubey wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>

>> I want to know more about Areas property of the range object,
>>
>> If I write:  Range("A1").Areas(1) it return text inside that range  but i
>> m not able to to understand what is it. And further if we write it like
>> range("A1").Areas.Count or range("A1").Areas.Creator
>> or range("A1").Areas.Parent , I m not able understand these.
>>

>> Actually i m confused about these statements because i was expecting that
>> areas will return Areas ie # on of cells in that range, But it is not in
>> actual.
>>

>> Prince Dubey.
>>

>>  --

> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
> signatures are prohibited.
>
> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum

Sam Mathai Chacko