Hi Maries,

Thanks a lot for your swift response, learnt new thing .

Adding to below what is the case if we want  filter  Reference column (M)
using text filter -->customfilter--> Begins with ROD or Begins with ROY

i recorded it in this manner but for this criteria  need to mark as
excluded in AT column.

    ActiveSheet.Range("$A$1:$BB$34").AutoFilter Field:=13,
Criteria1:="=rod*", _
        Operator:=xlOr, Criteria2:="=roy*"

can you please help in this regards.