Your attachment didn't contain any macros.
So, ctrl-m didn't have any affect.

I also noticed that you have not ASKED for anything.
What you've done is provided a "reference".
which consists of an excel file with one row and column highlighted in blue.

You then instructed us to open your reference, enable macros, and hit ctrl-m
and click to see your "requirement".
You then once again stated that you desire to have "this task" completed
by mouse or keyboard movement.

Evidently, this is your way of saying that you don't have any idea what I meant
by a SelectionChange event macro, and you'd like someone to make one for you.

--------------------------------
Based on the limited information,
I suspect that you want to highlight the row/column of the currently selected.

To this end, I recorded a macro in which I cleared cell highlighting for all
cells.
Then, highlighted the row/column of the currently active cell.

I "cleaned up" this recorded macro to make it run more efficiently.

I then created the sheet selectionchange event, and had it execute the
previously created macro.

Attached you will find a file in which I have done these things.

You'll find the "hightlight" macro called Highlight_Row_Col in the
Mod_Highlight
module.

the Event macro is in the Sheet1 module and is called

Please note:
Event macros must be placed in the worksheet module and only apply to the
specific worksheet.
That is:  If you add a second sheet, this event macro will not execute for
changes in that sheet.

If you want an event macro to run for ALL worksheets, a SIMILAR event macro
(not
called the same thing) can be created in the "Thisworkbook" module.

let me know if you have any questions. (and what they are)

Paul
“Do all the good you can,
By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can,