Thanks David , Attached file

Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 09:15:36 +1000
Subject: Re: $$Excel-Macros$$ Re: Lease date alarm
From: da...@grugeon.com.au
To: excel-macros@googlegroups.com

Hi Ahmed
If you want more help you will have to give us more information.  It is not
helpful to just say "It did not work"  You need to tell us just what you want
to happen when the date arrives, and you need to tell us what happened when you
made inserted the conditional formatting.  It would be helpful to have a copy
of the file with conditional formatting applied so we can see if
(a) you have not applied the conditional formatting to the correct cells(b) you
have not provided a suitable format to distinguish those cells where renewal is
approaching(c) you do not have any leases where the renewal is approaching.

Otherwise we are just guessing what is in your file, what you have done with
it, and what effect you are expecting.
If I had been using the method proposed by Ravinder, I would have specified a
light red fill for the cell if the conditions were met.  I do not know what
format you specified so I don't know what you were expecting.
RegardsDavid Grugeon