Hi all,

I have been really struck trying to find a formula to calculate business
hours between 2 dates, especially if it is started on a weekend and ending
on a weekend.

I have attached an excel spreadsheet with certain dates, and the answers
that I am looking for. I have also attached a holiday list and the workday
start (6:00 AM) and work day end (9:00 PM).

If an action is started on Saturday and ended on Sunday (of the same week),
I want the calculation to return "N/A" (or something that I can identify
that should not be considered when measuring performance). However, if an
action is started on a Saturday and ended the following Saturday (without
any holidays in the middle), I want the calculation to return 75.00
(business hours).

Essentially I want to calculate elapsed business hours between two dates
while disregarding weekends, holidays, and "after-hours" AND if it turns
out that NO business hours took place during those two dates, I want the
calculation to return an easily identifiable text field like "N/A" for
example. ALSO, and this is important, if an action was started and ended at
the exact same time (WITHIN NORMAL WORKING HOURS), I need the calculation
to return 0.0 and NOT "N/A".

I've included a few other examples in my spreadsheet that have stumped me.
I can find a calculation for 1 of them, but yet to find 1 calculation for
ALL of them.

Hope I was clear, if not please feel free to ask any follow-up questions.

I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP!

--
Join official Facebook page of this forum @