Hey there -

a very simple problem that I'm trying to solve without any code if at all
possible. It's so simple that I don't even need to post a workbook:

Imagine you have two columns worth of data whereas the 2nd column is 100%
unique but items in column 1 will appear multiple times such as in this
list:

Column1       Column2
Arkansas      Alpha
Arkansas      Beta
Arkansas      Gamma
Florida       Echo
Florida       Foxtrott
Florida       Pi
Georgia       Ben
Georgia       Kyle

The task is to take the data above (copy & paste or whatever function Excel
2010 offers) to resort the list by Column1 items vertically such as:

Arkansas     Florida     Georgia
Alpha        Echo        Ben
Beta         Foxtrott    Kyle
Gamma        Pi

Pasting using traspose obviously doesn't work here. I was thinking pivots
maybe? Is there anything in Excel that does this kinda of sorting/changing
quickly?

Thanks,
Chris

--