I'm really very sorry, but your explanation continues to make no sense.
Basically, it's this:
You want the number of days between two dates.
For that, you need two dates.

So, in your example, the solution in D2 of 365 days.
What was used as the Start Date and what was used as the End Date?

perhaps, what you are saying is:
Given the Start and End Date(s) in Columns B and C, how many of the days within
THAT range appeared in the year(s) shown in D1, E1 and F1?

So basically, if the total number of days between B2 and C2 is 1044, then the
total days within 2010 + the total within 2011 and the total within 2012 should
equal 1044.

Is that what you're trying to get to?

Paul
“Do all the good you can,