I am hoping some one can help me.

Here is what I need.

We are using one excel spreadsheet at work. This one excel spreadsheet has
7 different worksheets for 7 different users. All users have their own
password to protect and un protect their work. All their work is linked to
an 8th worksheet which sorts and displays all work.

The problem is many users forget the protect their worksheet after saving.
And the next user who logs in can change and alter that other persons work
because the sheet is un protected.

I do not want to create additional files. I want one file making it simple
for everyone.

What i was thinking and not sure if it is possible is to have 7 different
passwords that open this one file with 8 different worksheets. So the user
will click on the file to open and immediately your are prompted for a
password. 7 passwords open the file. That being said the password entered
can read all files but only read and write the one file that belongs to
that user. they can do their work and then save it and close the file. The
next user who opens the file enters his password and can read all 8
worksheets but only modify the one that is linked to the password he
entered. Of course there is an administrator who over sees the file and he
can read and write on all 8 worksheets..

Is this Possible to do?

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/excel-macros.