Dear Vabz,

Apology for the late response, as i was trying to solve some issues with
the code by myself, but sadly i did not get very far.

The logic is great but the macro only seems to works on that sample_input
worksheet, as I tried to copy the macro onto new worksheet (please see the
new attachment file below), it fails to work.  I couldn't see a 'Sheet'
parameter in the code, to update this.  So I am little unsure why its not
working on the new worksheet.
The other issue is, using sample_input worksheet, I tested my actual
dataset (100 lines out of 100,000 lines of data), it does not fill in the
missing blanks after row 22.  The new dataset can be seen in the attachment
below, of sheet2.

The attachment also has your code behind sheet1, which does not seem be
executing.
I hope i have explained the issues well and apology for any
misunderstanding. if something is unclear, please let me know.
Thank you very much for your time and help.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/excel-macros.