Hi,

You can use VLOOKUP. For more how to use VLOOKUP check..Microsoft office help.

Sandeep.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
From: Saddam Ali
Sent: Monday 30 March 2015 18:19
To: excel-macros@googlegroups.com
Reply To: excel-macros@googlegroups.com
Subject: $$Excel-Macros$$ Re: How can I match two different data, where only a reference number and amount are common.

Kindly find the attached excel work book and possibly assist. i need to match all the data of the first sheet to the outstanding in the second sheet

On Monday, March 30, 2015 at 12:37:28 PM UTC+3, Saddam Ali wrote:
My name is Baricha, from Kenya. I work in a bank and so i cannot upload the data because Its sensitive and also a  breach of contract.

 I normally receive data from two different sources, and i am required to match the two data, the only common features between the 2 data, are the amount and a reference number. this is what i normally use to match up the two data. i cannot do VLOOKUP because the reference numbers which are client specific re-occur and so instead of matching a reference number with the same matching amount, it picks the reference number yes, but with the amount of the very first similar reference number. My question is, is it possible for me to match the two datas with both the EXACT reference number and amount even if the reference number re-occurs. I match manually and its very tiresome.

Please assist.

--
Are you =EXP(E:RT) or =NOT(EXP(E:RT)) in Excel? And do you wanna be? It’s =TIME(2,DO:IT,N:OW) ! Join official Facebook page of this forum @ https://www.facebook.com/discussexcel

FORUM RULES

1) Use concise, accurate thread titles. Poor thread titles, like Please Help, Urgent, Need Help, Formula Problem, Code Problem, and Need Advice will not get quick attention or may not be answered.

NOTE : Don't ever post confidential data in a workbook. Forum owners and members are not responsible for any loss.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MS EXCEL AND VBA MACROS" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/excel-macros.