      From: Abhishek Jain <abhishek....@gmail.com>
 To: MS EXCEL AND VBA MACROS <excel-macros@googlegroups.com>
Cc: Paul Schreiner <schreiner_p...@att.net>
 Sent: Tuesday, November 3, 2015 2:56 AM
 Subject: $$Excel-Macros$$ Help with Custom Vlookup

Hi All,
I intend to use this piece of UDF I found on internet for my requirement -
Function MYVLOOKUP(lookupval, lookuprange As Range, indexcol As Long)Dim r As
RangeDim result As Stringresult = ""For Each r In lookuprange    If r =
lookupval Then        result = result & " " & r.Offset(0, indexcol - 1)    End
IfNext rMYVLOOKUP = resultEnd Function
Formula =MYVLOOKUP(lookup_value,lookup_range,return_column_no.)
It does join all the matches of the lookup in one cell (results separated by a
space) and this fulfils my purpose.
The problem is, it is terribly slow. I couldn't manage to get results for a
50000 rows data with around 11000 lookup values despite waiting of 2-3 hours
and eventually had to raise hands in despair.
Any ideas to (considerably) speed it up??
PS: My data is in Table format and changing its format doesn't change much. I
can provide a sample file, if need be.
Many thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Abhishek--

NOTE : Don't ever post confidential data in a workbook. Forum owners and
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/excel-macros.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/excel-macros.