at 6:00am, 6/24ths of a day is complete, or .25 of a day.at noon, 1/2 of the
day is gone.
7:33am is .3127024306 of a day.
so, November 12, 2015 at 7:33am is 42320.3127024306
Paul-----------------------------------------
“Do all the good you can,
By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can,
In all the places you can,
At all the times you can,
To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can.” - John Wesley

      From: Alex K <vipinsuranc...@gmail.com>
 To: MS EXCEL AND VBA MACROS <excel-macros@googlegroups.com>
 Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2015 11:17 PM
 Subject: $$Excel-Macros$$ Combine Name then Time and date stamp for reference
number

Hello,
   Please see attached file I am trying to combine first name + last name +
timestamp to create a case number.  My issue is that when I merge all three
together I get a strange time stamp I want HH:MM:SS can anyone help me ?

I tried something like this still didn't work
=B2&” “&TEXT(B3,”hh:mm:ss”)

Actual Results:    TestThis42320.9670534722

Expected Result: TestThis231222

thanks,
Alex--

NOTE : Don't ever post confidential data in a workbook. Forum owners and
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/excel-macros.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/excel-macros.