Or we can put the file in a folder & run the macro & it will detect the
folder location where the file is & it will split the files in folder.

OR we can use a user form to assign the folder path

Whichone one is easier, please assist.

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 1:59 PM, Devendra Sahay <
devendrasahanypt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> Its working. ☺☺ But can we add a option to select folder. (Like a file
> which I am using to merge files)
> Please check Add-Ins option in attached file.
>
> On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 11:23 PM, Devendra Sahay <
> devendrasahanypt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Paul.
>>
>> I will try to run this macro tomorrow in Office and after after that i
>> will share the respoNSE. Thanks ☺☺☺☺
>> On Dec 1, 2015 11:20 PM, "Paul Schreiner" <schreiner_p...@att.net> wrote:
>>
>>> This macro seemed to work with files sorted ALPHABETICALLY
>>> (not numerically)
>>>
>>> which means that a file named 123456789_a.pdf
>>> would come BEFORE a file named 234_a.pdf
>>>
>>> even though 234 is numerically less than 123456789
>>> 1 is less than 2 "alphabetically", and therefore 123456789 would come
>>> first.
>>>
>>> see if you can implement this:
>>>
>>> It moved 2067 files into 11 folders (200 in each of the first 10, 67 in
>>> the last)
>>>
>>> (BTW: in one of my applications, I load the file SIZES of the files in a
>>> folder.
>>> Then, sort by SIZE in descending order.
>>> I then move the files as long as the folder SIZE is less than 600Mb.
>>> I use it to create archive CD's. (not all of our computers have dvd
>>> drives)
>>>

>>> Sub Divide_folder()
>>>     Dim fso, fldr, FileNm, FileColl
>>>     Dim FolderName, NewFolder, FolderIndex As Integer
>>>     Dim fCnt, cnt
>>>
>>>     FolderName = "C:\test\" '(be sure folder name ends in "\")
>>>
>>>     Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
>>>     fCnt = 0
>>>     FolderIndex = 1
>>>     NewFolder = FolderName & "Folder_" & Format(FolderIndex, "000") & "\"
>>>     If (Not fso.folderexists(NewFolder)) Then
>>>         MkDir NewFolder
>>>     End If
>>>     Set fldr = fso.GetFolder(FolderName)
>>> '    Debug.Assert False
>>>     For Each FileNm In fldr.Files
>>>         Debug.Assert True
>>>         fCnt = fCnt + 1
>>>         If (fCnt > 200) Then
>>>             FolderIndex = FolderIndex + 1
>>>             NewFolder = FolderName & "Folder_" & Format(FolderIndex,
>>> "000") & "\"
>>>             If (Not fso.folderexists(NewFolder)) Then
>>>                 MkDir NewFolder
>>>             End If
>>>             fCnt = 1
>>>         End If
>>>         fso.movefile FolderName & FileNm.Name, NewFolder
>>>
>>>     Next FileNm
>>>     MsgBox "Finished"
>>> End Sub
>>>
>>> *Paul*
>>>

>>> *“Do all the good you can,By all the means you can,In all the ways you
>>> can,In all the places you can,At all the times you can,To all the people
>>> you can,As long as ever you can.” - John Wesley*

>>> 3) Don't post questions regarding breaking or bypassing any security
>>> measure.
>>> 4) Acknowledge the responses you receive, good or bad.
>>> 5) Jobs posting is not allowed.

--

With Regard !!!
Devendra Rahi