Unfortunately, that is not what I am looking for.  I have employees participating in activities, these activities are recorded one in each row of the sheet.  I want to be able to determine how many employees are participating as each employee can participate in more that one activity.  Their employee ID may be in column AF for one activity and in column BD for another.  I want to know the unique count of employee IDs, not the specific count of one ID.

Sent from my BlackBerry - the most secure mobile device - via the Bell Network
From:abhishek....@gmail.com
Sent:January 30, 2016 11:07 PM
To:excel-macros@googlegroups.com
Reply-to:excel-macros@googlegroups.com
Subject:Re: $$Excel-Macros$$ Counting unique values across multiple non-adjoining columns

Do you already have the list of unique ids or you want to create it?

As for the counting part, there are more than one ways to achieve this - based on type of data and how it is stored.

For better understanding, a sample workbook with what you have and what you want will help.

However, anywhere before the column AF, a simple =COUNTIF(AF1:CJ50000,"Employee1") would return the count of Employee1written in those columns and rows regardless of blank coulmns between them.

HTH