Hi,

I hope there is a VBA pro that can help me with a timer issue.

I am responsible for building and upgrading a spreadsheet that manages our
warehouse workflow. In every other column (as you can see in the attached
worksheet) underneath the routes, I have listed the order numbers that will
be delivered on that specific route. In the column next to the order number
(highlighted in yellow), I would like to install a timer.

Here's the issue -

For each column, I need to know exactly how long it took for that route to
be complete, in terms of orders pulled and packed. Not each individual
order, but the sum of the total columns.

Here's how we've got it set up -

When the floor supervisor first enters an order number, he types an "N"
(for New Order) at the end of the number. For example, "554897N". This
turns the cell blue, since there is conditional formatting on the column,
depending which letter is typed at the end of the number. When the order is
complete (pulled, checked, and packed), the supervisor switches out the "N"
for a "C", for complete. This action turns that cell green.

I don't need the time for each individual order. There can be up to 30
orders per route. I just need the sum total of the time it took to complete
the entire route. This would probably consist of starting the timer when
the first order is entered in that route. I don't know how to stop the
timer, unless a certain keystroke was programmed into the code. The
spreadsheet is on Excel 2010 but the computers viewing it have 2013. We can
upgrade that computer to 2013 if that's what it will take.

If anyone is able to help me with this, please let me know what you would
charge for this.

Thanks!

Olen

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/excel-macros.