From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Alan Monaghan
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2006 3:44 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: SMTP on Exchange 2003

Good day.
I have two questions on the same subject.

I am trying to turn on the Recipient Filters in my Exchange 2003 sp2 server.
I know to do it in the two places, but when I do turn it on. It only causes a
550 error on my primary domain. I have 10 other domains housed on this same
server and if I try to test this on any of the other domains, Exchange gives
the standard 250 response even if the user is not there.

Second, we use the same exchange server to route email from our web servers to
our smart host at the ISP. My question is once I turn this on full time, will I
need to worry about the relay portion of email that is by default, going to
other domains than my own or will the relay allow setting that I have in place
for just the IP's that I own, over ride this still.

I have been looking all day on Microsoft and Google, but I can seem to find the
right terms that describes the first problem. Every document and lab I have
found, has the same steps in them, but nothing deals with multiple domains.

    Felis demulcta mitis ...
Alan G. Monaghan
   [ MCSE+I - Win4.0/ MCSE - Win2k/ BJCP # C0389(Recognized)  Ò¿Ó¬ ] Systems
Administrator Gardner Publications, Inc.

*Phone ...... 1-513-527-8867
*Fax ........ 1-513-527-8801
*Cell ....... 1-513-378-0919
*E-mail ..... [EMAIL PROTECTED]