-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Neil
Doody
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2006 2:56 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Mailbox corruption

It is known there is database corruption within our current exchange 5.5
infrastructure, there is not a lot that can be done about as the databases
are over 200GB in size and both eseutil/isinteg keep crashing at 75% (is
there a known limit to these tools, I am not aware of one but never had a
single database this big before!).  The plan to fix the exchange
organisation is to move to exchange 2003 on better hardware.

The problem with migrating is the risk of losing data when performing the
mailbox move process due to items being corrupted.  I was wondering about
how corruption is treated, its been a while since I've worked with corrupted
mailboxes and I cant remember how corrupted folder items are treated, does
it skip the entire contents of the folders?

I have to include risk mitigation in my plan to migrate, I'm going to use
exmerge to take backups of mailboxes before migrating so that I have the
mail items in a raw form and I can easily recreate the mailbox, just in case
there are any serious problems with the migrated mailbox at a system level.
Any tips for damage limitation when migrating mailboxes where you know
corruption exists would be muchly appreciated, it's a rare situation and an
isinteg would be ideal though it seems will have to settle for second best.

Help appreciated as always.

Cheers

Remploy - 60 years of finding jobs for disabled people
http://www.remploy.co.uk http://www.realjobs4realpeople.co.uk
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail is confidential, may be legally privileged,
and is for the intended recipient only. Access, disclosure, copying,
distribution or reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and may
be a criminal offence. Please delete if obtained in error and e-mail
confirmation to the sender.

Remploy has taken reasonable precautions to ensure that any attachment to
this email has been scanned for viruses. However, we cannot accept liability
for any damage sustained as a result of software viruses and recommend that
you carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachments attached
to this email.

No one other than a properly authorised person made known to you in writing
can create a binding obligation on behalf of Remploy by virtue of this email
or any other means.
Jupitermedia Corp.
Attn: Discussion List Management
475 Park Avenue South