As far as I know, that's the way it works and you can't change it. Sorry.

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of J- P
Sent: Tuesday, November 8, 2016 3:47 PM
To: Exchange List
Subject: [Exchange] Finding messages from deleted forlder

Hi all,

A client, "somehow" deleted/lost a folder, folder name is "client", I told her
to go to "recover deleted items" and see if the messages were there, and they
were - great news right? NOT

Once she hit recover they went (I'm guessing) to the inbox and the folder
"client" was no longer there-

Now she says "how can I determine which emails were in the "Client" folder", as
all messages were recovered to the inbox.

is there anyway to accomplish this?  Yes I have a full backup as of  4 am
today, but hoping not to have to go that route.

Exchange 2013

TIA