From: Milt Atkinson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2001 9:46 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Alternate Recp

I have two Exchange 5.5 SP4 servers in the same site. I am on server A and
attempt to send a message, with an attachment, to a user on server B who has

an alternate recipient set to his "homemail" account. I set 'Request a
delivery receipt' and send the message. Almost instantaneous, before I can
lift my finger off of the mouse button, I get 'The following recipient(s)
could not be reached:" ... Yada, yada, yada and it lists the "homemail"
account. His mailbox on server B gets the message, but the forwarding
outside immediately fails. A couple of seconds later I get the delivery
confirmation back from server B.

If I send a message "without an attachment", the message gets delivered to
both locations without a problem. I have turn off Virus Scan with no change
in the results ... Message without attachment goes ... With an attachment
will not go.

Anyone have an ideas? ... Thanks in advance ...