We are trying to do a move mailbox upgrade.
our current system is windows 2000 with exchange 5.5
we have a new system with windows 2000 and we installed exchange 2000 in
the
prescribed manner for the move mailbox method.

on the new server we did
forestprep
domainprep
installed adc
installed exchange 2000.
now the new server does not see any logons or mailboxes of our users.
they show up in AD users and groups but not in exchange system manager.

and when I try to move mail box on the new server all that shows up in
the exchange
tasks is
create mailbox
establish e-mail address
enable IM.

and on the old server all that shows up is
delete mailbox.

When I create a mailbox on new machine
I can login to it but messages are sent to NDR (non deliverable).

I am at a loss as to why this is happening
should I uninstall and try again???
--
Mike