Since we are a Novell shop, that rolled out Exchange to 15 remote sites we
need to give these sites BDC, we couldn't see purchasing 2 servers  and
server licenses for every site we made every NT server a BDC and Exchange
Server, hell there even WINS servers too...... We haven't had any ill
effects, it does make your restores a little more challenging though...
YMMV...