Hi everyone

I just ran across a problem I've never seen before...

I have two servers in my site, X1 and X2 (X2 is connected to my DMZ for
internet mail).  Both the servers are NT4.0, sp 6a, Ex5.5, SP4.

I had a hub that was plugged in that I think was causing a broadcast storm.
People could not send email to any internet addresses.  Intercompany was
fine, just not to the internet.  I removed the hub, and looked at X2.  All
the queues were fine, the MTA and the internet mail connector.  I stopped
and restarted the IMC, and my antivirus, and those events stopped and
started just fine.

I sent email to my hotmail and yahoo accounts, but still nothing.  I looked
again at the queues, and again nothing.  I went to \exchsrvr\imcdata, and
there were over 500 messages, and growing.  I rebooted X2, and when the
server came back up,  I saw all the mail in the queues!  The mail started
flowing normally.

I then got a call from the users on X1 with the same problem.  Same symptoms
as X2, so I rebooted.  Again, after the reboot, all the mail in the queues
appeared.

There is nothing in the event viewer that is out of the ordinary.  Has
anyone lese seen this before??

Thanks

Russell