I understand that the IMS was setup incorrectly in
this remote site.  My dilemma is that 3000 messages (some 3 years old, some 5 months
old) have
apparently been sent after configuring the IMS correctly, (all sent
outbound.)

If this is true:

>Setting an IMS to Inbound Only in Exchange 5.5 and earlier will not keep
> the MTAs from routing outbound SMTP mail to the IMS server.

then why did 3000 very old outbound messages get sent after setting the
IMS to Outbound Only?

I prefer ahfuku.com, that also works.

Charma, ED.