From: Atkinson, Daniel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2001 7:27 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Outlook 2000 - CTRL+K in address field with Exchange 5.5

hi group,

we have recently rolled out exchange 5.5 to replace our ailing pop3 server.
Users are pleased with the new features, but there is one problem to do with
addressing.

When composing new mail, many users start typing a name in the 'To...' field
and hit CTRL+K to do a search. With 'Internet Only' installations of
outlook, the search would return a list of names from their contacts folder
which were the closest match to the search. Now, under Exchange, this search
always goes to the GAL, despite what you may have set in the 'Show This
Address List First' setting in Services/Addressing.

Users don't want to search the GAL, they want to search their own contacts
and maybe the local recipients list - the GAL just brings up loads of
useless matches for users all around the world.

It seems to me that this is a limitation/oversight, but maybe there's a
workaround?

regards,
Dan Atkinson