Oh, so if I were to use [EMAIL PROTECTED] as the from field in my spam
through your server that'd be OK?

Without either limiting relay to a specific range of IP addresses or
requiring authorization, the only other options are allow yourself to be
abused as an open relay or don't allow relaying at all. I've got 17 million
"Earn $2000 per week working from home" mailings I need to send out... so I
think you ought to just opt for open relay.