> We have an Exchange 5.5 and Microsoft Outlook as a client. We have a
couple of users that uses Purchasing Net on their PC . This software has
the ability to send out an email directly to our exchange server , then
our email server should take care of the rest. It works internally ,but
externally it doesn't .

One suggested that to do Relaying which I did ,On the routing restritions
page, which is located under the routing tab of the IMS properties page, I
added the IP addresses of the client PC and server that has the third
party software thats trying to send outside mail.
. Stop and re-start Message Transfer Agent and Internet Mail Service.

Tested it, now we are getting an error RELAYING is Prohibited on the log
file on the client (Purchasing Net Server).

I hope I provided enough info.
Unfortunately I have to get this resolved without spending any companies
money.

to continue a thread