Yes, we should all read the FAQ, I read so much sometimes my eyes go blurry,
and I take the time to read and read. But today, as it's Friday, and I am in
a different sort of mood... save someone a little time, (HEY I DON'T ALWAYS
DO NICE THINGS LIKE THIS...) and just cut and paste. Now I do agree that
everyone should read the FAQ, FAQ FAQ, everyone says RTFM, err FAQ... yea
ok, well I read it and I know the answer so I'll help out a fellow who might
be a little busy today:

BLAM SPAM!

Link:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q262/0/97.ASP?LN=EN-US&SD=g
n&FR=0&qry=imsext.dll&rnk=5&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_SRCH&SPR=ECH

OR

Article ID: Q262097 (MS TECHNET)

And here is the whole thing.. (hey if a lil high-koo can be posted and loads
of other useless trivia and discussion on nada... I think I'll post an
actual useful article -- that may just crash a server when someone fiddles
with the registry...)

XIMS: Internet Mail Service Extension Message Text Append and Prepend

----

Microsoft Exchange Server, version 5.5

----
IMPORTANT: This article contains information about editing the registry.
Before you edit the registry, make sure you understand how to restore it if
a problem occurs. For information about how to do this, view the "Restoring
the Registry" Help topic in Regedit.exe or the "Restoring a Registry Key"
Help topic in Regedt32.exe.

SUMMARY
Internet Mail Service Extension (Imsext.dll) has several functions. This
article covers the append and prepend capabilities of this dynamic-link
library (DLL). Message journaling is also a capability of Internet Mail
Service Extension, but message journaling is not covered in this article.
For additional information about message journaling, click the article
number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

Q262122 XIMS: Internet Mail Service Extension Message Journaling

MORE INFORMATION

Installing Internet Mail Service Extension
To install Internet Mail Service Extension (Imsext.dll):
To copy the Internet Mail Service Extension to your server, do one of the
following:

Locate the Internet Mail Service Extension in the following folder:

Exchsrvr\Connect\Msexcimc\Bin
Locate the Internet Mail Service Extension included in the BackOffice 4.5
Resource Kit.

Register Internet Mail Service Extension by typing the following at the
command prompt:

regsvr32 imsext.dll
To enable Internet Mail Service Extension in Exchange Server 5.5 Service
Pack 1 or later without losing routing table capability, you need to create
a registry value:

NOTE: Microsoft recommends the following method to enable Internet Mail
Service Extension.

WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that
may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot
guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor
can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

For information about how to edit the registry, view the "Changing Keys and
Values" Help topic in Registry Editor (Regedit.exe) or the "Add and Delete
Information in the Registry" and "Edit Registry Data" Help topics in
Regedt32.exe. Note that you should back up the registry before you edit it.
If you are running Windows NT or Windows 2000, you should also update your
Emergency Repair Disk (ERD).

Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).

Locate the following key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIMC\Parameter
On the Edit menu, click Add Value, and then add the following registry
value:

Value Name: NonRoutingExtensionDll
Data Type: REG_SZ
String Value: The full path of the Internet Mail Service Extension utility
DLL
You can also enable Internet Mail Service Extension in the Exchange Server
Administrator program by opening the Internet Mail Service properties,
clicking the Routing tab, and then selecting Internet Mail Service Extension
as the custom routing program. IMPORTANT: Microsoft does not recommend this
method. You will lose routing table capability.

Create an Extension registry key:

Locate the following key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIMC\Parameter
On the Edit menu, click Add Key, and then type Extension.

Quit Registry Editor.

Inbound SMTP
To add prepended text to the body of an inbound Simple Mail Transfer
Protocol (SMTP) message, create an InboundPrepend registry value:
Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).

Locate the following key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIMC\Parameter
s\Extension
On the Edit menu, click Add Value, and then add the following registry
value:

Value Name: InboundPrepend
Data Type: REG_SZ
String Value: The text that you want to prepend to incoming messages.
Quit Registry Editor.

To add appended text to the body of an inbound SMTP message, create an
InboundAppend registry value:
Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).

Locate the following key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIMC\Parameter
s\Extension
On the Edit menu, click Add Value, and then add the following registry
value:

Value Name: InboundAppend
Data Type: REG_SZ
String Value: The text that you want to append to incoming messages.
Quit Registry Editor.

Outbound SMTP
To add prepended text to the body of an outbound SMTP message, create an
OutboundPrepend registry value:
Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).

Locate the following key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIMC\Parameter
s\Extension
On the Edit menu, click Add Value, and then add the following registry
value:

Value Name: OutboundPrepend
Data Type: REG_SZ
String Value: The text that you want to prepend to outgoing messages.
Quit Registry Editor.

To add appended text to the body of an outbound SMTP message, create an
OutboundAppend registry value:
Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).

Locate the following key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIMC\Parameter
s\Extension
On the Edit menu, click Add Value, and then add the following registry
value:

Value Name: OutboundAppend
Data Type: REG_SZ
String Value: The text that you want to append to outgoing messages.
Quit Registry Editor.

You must restart the Internet Mail Service for these changes to take effect.
You must also restart the Internet Mail Service if you change the text
string.