If your users are authenticating when starting Outlook, then the Exchange
server is proxying the login to the BDC.  Make sure the Exchange server can
find the DC with WINS.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bean, Rick [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2001 7:30 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Problems with new site.

Hello again,

Thanks for all the help on setting up the new site.  I set it up on Monday,
and have encountered a problem I can't seem to find any info on.

We have a BDC at the remote office.  The office connects with an ISDN line.
We have a site connector and Directory replication connector between the
sites.  Both sites are in the same organization.  Everything on both servers
looks normal.  Each server is running Ex 5.5 SP4

The problem is that the all the new mailboxes (except the first mailbox
created for the local guy who will be administrating the server) get an
invalid credentials when trying to log in with outlook.  There passwords and
usernames have been checked and double checked.  If they try to us OWA it
can not get there inbox (but it can get the admin's).   The log on locally
right is granted to all domain users.  All the users computers have the
Microsoft client and outlook 2000.

Other things that may be involved:
We are a NetWare Shop so we have NDS for NT on both our PDC and the BDC
(like Novell recommends) and it is working OK. The servers are NT4.0 SP6a

Has anyone else seen this problem before?
Any help is appreciated.  Everything looks good so I am stumped. Thanks
-Rick

AN ASIDE:  I don't think it is a rights issue on the domain.  I added on of
the problemed user into the Domain Admin group and tried to log into OWA and
still got the error "Unable to get Inbox".  The only account on that server
that works is the one for their admin.  He can do everything normally?
Weird.

Rick Bean
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://grove.ufl.edu/~rickb
Network Administrator: UF Dept. of Ob/Gyn