From: Sabi Kassim-Momodu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 20 September 2001 13:48
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Mails queued in IMS after creating a new connector

Yes the messages are stocked in the outbound queue, We do not have a DNS
server, we have a firewall which redirects mails to our ISP which is Demon
and the necessary rules have been created for this new server. The IMS
settings are exactly the same as that of the server that is being replaced.
IMS is set to forward all messages to host, which I assume will be
Post.demon.co.uk. and not the ip address of the firewall.  In the properties
of DNS through protocol we have the IP address of our firewall and the host
is the name of the new server running exchange with all the mail boxes and
the domain address is rcplondon.ac.uk just as it is in the working server. I
have changed the cost of the old server back to 1 and the new one to 99,
mails are now flowing through the old server. I have about 100 mails stuck
in the new server, I do not know what to do next. After installing the new
IMS I did not run the performance optimiser, could that have anything to do
with it. I would have loved to send snap shots of my configuration, this I
cannot do through this forum.
Thanks