-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Sethi, Ali
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2001 2:58 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Disaster Recovery Test 2

Hello All,

Note:
Exchange Server 5.5 SP4
Windows 2000 SP1
Recovery Server and Production Exchange server have identical Exchange
server, Windows 2k server and service packs.

I have just successfully completed a DR test using the last full backup tape
(Friday's tape).  My manager would like me to do another test but this time
using a full backup tape from April 2001.  He said that back in July they
lost some public folder data and could not recover it and was wondering if I
could do another DR test using an older tape.  My question is this.  Should
I reinstall Exchange and do all the steps over again?  Can I just restore
the IS and DS from April and would it overwrite the current one?  What is
the best way to go about performing the next DR test?

Thanks,