Thanks Rob.  This is great.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Robert Moore
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2001 10:26 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Mailbox Manager Question

Sure.

If you've got E2K SP1 going, Mailbox Manager is already installed. Just
no policies have been created.

Open Exchange System Manager. Open Recipients. Right click Recipient
Policies and choose New, Recipient Policy. Click the checkbox for
Mailbox Manager Settings and then OK.

On the General tab, be sure to Modify the Filter rules. (This is the
step I omitted before.) I just left all the defaults.

On the Mailbox Manager Settings tab, uncheck the items you don't want to
process. Notice that the age and size limits are ANDed together. So if
you want to delete anything older than 30 days, set the age for 30 days
and the size for Any. For the first run it's a good idea to move things
to the Deleted Items folder rather than delete them immediately. Then if
things don't go right, you can get stuff back.

Finally, go into Administrative Groups, your organization name, find
your server (you have to set it up for every server separately) and
right click it. Then choose Properties. Go to Mailbox Management tab and
set the schedule, set what kind of report you want to get, and who will
get it.

That should do it.

Rob