I have an existing NT4 Domain with one Exchange 5.5 server all with latest
service packs, 6A and 4.... ON this exchange server their is 200 users with
only the IMC connector which is used for 2 domains inbound.... We were just
bought by another company and have to rebuild are NT 4 Domain, the existing
domain just has a few servers, and the PDC just happens to also be the
exchange server... The new NT4 domain is up and we have an exchange
connector set up to corporate to coexist with some groupwise connectors with
the API nlm on the groupwise side and exchange for groupwise on exchange
side, the new corporate site is going to be in charge of the new IMC
internet mail and will flow down to us over internal private network links
with x.400 connectors which is currently working, but we have to maintain
the IMC/smtp for are existing 2 domains.... The problem is that we cant just
roll all of the users over at the same time due to everything is spread out,
and we have many custom applications and complex shares on the existing
domain, so we have a trust and place and I can log users onto the new NT4
domain and map drives and resources from the old domain, but how can I
migrate users over to the new domain a little at a time... My problem is on
how to keep user mail flowing from the existing domain.. so I just cant tell
the existing imc to route to a smarthost on the new domain any ideas on how
to route mail between 2 domains while we move all the users to the new
domain....