From: The Geek Q [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2001 9:54 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: HOW Outlook connects to Exchange

I have a little issue. First I'll give you the problem, then what info I
hope to find.
I removed a 2K DC w/ Exchange off the domain now the 2nd Exchange box is the

only mail server, also another DC. When clients try to connect using Outlook

2K they have to wait for 15-20 secs then get the "no Exchange server found"
error. When they click "retry" wham it's instantly there!
Now my question is how does Outlook know where/look for the Exchange server?
I thought I read it was DNS for 2K, WINS for 9x. Is it a AD property?
Nothing has helped so far. Any Ideas.