Don't disable it, uninstall it. You don't need it for Exchange unless
you are using OWA and even then, I would put OWA on a separate box.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Brian Ko
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2001 1:42 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: IIS services on Windows 2000 server

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone knows if I will run into any problem disabling
IIS on Windows 2000 servers.  I only intend to run Exchange 5.5 on it
and nothing else.  Can anyone point me to the place where I can find
more information about it?  Windows 2000 baseline security
recommendation is to disable any services I don't need and I can't think
of using IIS on Exchange server 5.5  (mailbox server).

Thanks,

Brian