From:   John Matteson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Monday, October 22, 2001 10:02 AM
To:     Exchange Discussions
Subject:        Self Certification for OWA SSL

Good morning to you all:

        I am building a new OWA server and need to activate SSL on the box.

        All the software is in order, up to the point of installing the
security certificate to enable SSL on the box. Since this box is going to be
for employees only, no vendors, suppliers or customers are going to be using
this box to access our mail service, I would like to avoid (if possible)
going to an external CA (Verisign or similar) to get a certificate.

        Is there a way of self-signing a certificate so that SSL would be
enabled?

John Matteson; Exchange Manager
Geac Corporate Infrastructure Systems and Standards
(404) 239 - 2981
Believe nothing because it is written in books. Believe nothing because wise
men say it is so. Believe nothing because it is religious doctrine. Believe
it only because you yourself know it to be true. -- Buddha