Assuming you are talking about CDO 1.21 the answer is: it is not
documented but somebody (not me) hacked that stuff. Microsoft had a MSKB
article how to accomplish that but removed it due to compatibility
reasons (with other non-Microsoft HTML mail clients).

However, there is an additional DLL provided by Microsoft (called
"MAPIRTF.DLL" - search the MSKB for "MAPIRTF" should bring it up) which
can be used to send and retrieve RTF formatted mail.

<Siegfried />