You can use multiple servers without clustering.  That's the way I would go
if I had the choice.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe D. Llewelyn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2001 8:03 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Exchange clustering

Thanks to all for your input. It is most appreciated :-)

I'm actually researching it both for myself and for an idea based around
running exchange and doing some wild and wacky things with it.

The system is being designed to take some serious load. I think the team
are under the impression that to handle a huge amount of users and
transactions more than one server is needed. Is this a logical approach
or are they being muppets?

Cheers

Joe!