Dear All,

We have started getting some low life relaying hundreds of 'questionable'
mails thru our Exchange Server. I've set routing restrictions so that only
authenticated users can route mail, and this stops it fine.

However, we have 5 remote sites, 4 of which have local Exchange Servers
within the overall organisation which work fine, but we have 1 single site
connected by dial-up (for 2 more weeks, then ADSL like other sites) whose
clients use POP3. They stop being able to send and receive mail when I have
this restriction in place. '550 routing disabled' or something similar.

Our mail server which has the IMC installed is on a private subnet, with all
mail traffic forwarded from the Firewall to it. The only other routing
restriction I can configure is the 'clients that connect to this address'
which I assume I can set to the LAN IP of the Exchange Server, however, will
this stop the external relaying seeing as traffic from externally is
forwarded to this private LAN Address? The way I read it is that this is
designed for when you have an interface connected directly to the web, and 1
to then LAN, which obviously we don't have.

Any help appreciated

NB