-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Tim John
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2001 12:35 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Strange Problem

Hi all,

I had a screw up yesterday whereby my Sys Admin rebooted the Exchange
server, just as my Outlook client was connecting ! It resulted in a corrupt
MTA and prevented me receiving email.

I created another mailbox for myself and copied all my data over from the
old one. That seemed to fix the problem as far as sending and receiving
went, although I still had a number of event records expressing MTA errors.
The error included my x400 address with a little squiggle at the end that
looked like a 'double s' - one on top of the other. Also, because I created
a new mailbox with a different name (and then renamed it) the 'directory'
element stayed as the temporary name.

I discovered throughout the day yesterday, that infact, any mail I sent
didn't get delivered (external - internal OK). First thing this morning, I
restored the "mtadata" folder from Monday night backup hoping this would
solve the problem. Although it restored successfully, today I can't send
email at all - it just sits in my outbox and nothing will shift it.

Any ideas - it's freaking me out !!

Thanks

Tim