I know that you can use Message Filtering in Exchange 5.5. to block
inbound SMTP mail from individual accounts or entire domains. This stops
mail from getting to anyone in your organization, but without sending a
non-delivery report to the sender. I have a client that would like a way
to block mail from a single email account (for now) but to return an NDR
to the sender letting them know that the mail has been rejected. They
don't want to use server-side rules, since they would have to apply this
to all mailboxes in the system.

I can't think of anything that will do this off the top of my balding
pate. Any suggestions? If there's a 3rd party solution, they of course
would prefer cheap or free.

John Ryan
dhs&associatesinc.
Enterprise Networking Solutions