It can be done, but it can get really ugly.

I tend to prefer avoiding upgrades whenever possible. Usually that's always.

If you can get a big enough box to host Exchange temporarily, you can move
everyone to it, rebuilt the current box to how you want it, then move
everyone back. Use the move server method in the FAQ.

Roger
Roger D. Seielstad - MCSE MCT
Senior Systems Administrator
Peregrine Systems