I am using HP's OmniBack backup process on the company's Exchange server.
The process hung and the backup system had to be rebooted.

When we tried restarting the job, the Exchange server blocked the attempt
with these error messages:

[Major] From: OB2BAR@"MSExchange"  Time: 11/14/01 1:25:02 PM
[153:9]         Connect to Exchange Server failed.

[Critical] From: OB2BAR@ "MSExchange"  Time: 11/14/01 1:25:02 PM
        A system or BackOffice error has occurred.
        Exchange Server reported error number: 0xc80001f9.
        Message: 'Backup is already active.'.

[Critical] From: BSM@"EXG02 - Daily"  Time: 11/14/01 13:26:11
        None of the Disk Agents completed successfully.
        Session has failed.

Does anyone know if there is a flag in the registry that gets set while a
backup is in progress, or a KB articles that tells me how to fix it?

John Matteson; Exchange Manager
Geac Corporate Infrastructure Systems and Standards
(404) 239 - 2981

My toys! My toys! I can't do this job without my toys!