Set default permissions to contributor and uncheck folder visible.  Give the
public folder an "unlikely to be guessed" email address.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kuminda Chandimith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2001 10:25 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Restrict Acess to Public folder

This Is The 3rd time I post this question  and still it did not apear in the
list. I checked my setting and all seems okay

Ok I have a very basic question.

I have a public folder that used as a SMSrouter for one of our customers.
The Customer will send and SMTP message to our  public folder when he wants
an SMS message sent out. Then I'll be processing the SMSMessages using an
event script.
Now my problem is this. I need To remove access from all the internal staff
to this folder but let the customer to post (only) messages to this folder.
Since the customer is likely to send "sensitive"  content in his SMSMessages
don't want anybody to peep in to this public folder.

How could I do that ? I tried setting default Access to -NONE- then the
mails will get bounced saying "Access denied".
I am a developer and usually don't mess around with security so I don't know
how to do this.

Thanks in Advance

Kuminda

Kuminda Chandimith