From: tech [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 27 November 2001 17:58
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: OST synchronizing problems

Exchange 2000 server with SP1
Windows 2000 server with SP2
Problem is with Clients using Outlook 2002 accross Win 2000, NT4 and Win 98
with all the latest Service packs.

Gurus of the Exchange world.  I am having a problem with all our Outlook
2002 laptops.  We set up our external laptops with Outlook 2002, using the
OST.  When they hit send and receive they get the error;

"Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The
operation failed. An object could not be found.' "

If I disable the offline use the error does not come up but we need to use
offline store for external users.

I've searched my available resources and come up with the articles below.
The articles do not suggest a fix is
available, has anyone else experienced this and know of a fix?  The second
article suggests that this is a problem with the Offline address list being
uninstalled from the Exchange Server?  I think this will be a PSS call but
if someone has already made that call I'd appreciate the info.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q289/9/69.ASP

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q273/3/64.ASP

Thanks

Nathan