THANKS MIKE

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike O'Toole [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 11:04 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Re: possible hoax but not sure

Richard,

I have seen this done at a few Fortune 500 companies. One reason was to give
the admin an idea as to whom was sending the infected e-mails. This was to
address the issue of early AV products not being able to show the sender
easily. Key was quick response.

I also have one entry like that here on my home PC as I know the AV updates
will always lag the 'creations' of these misguided programmers (virus).

I can't see how it would harm the GAL. Some companies always seem to employ
one or more users that will select the whole GAL rather than a DL. Then
they'll call you about the resulting NDR's from those entries.

Not a Hoax. but more of a low cost workaround and a way to go home to warm
meal despite virus outbreaks :)

Mike