Thanks. That was way more then I wanted to right. good job.

Kevinm M WLKMMAS, UCC+WCA, CKWSE

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 1:35 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: HELP Can't send mail

You have several problems to deal with.

First.  Your MX record is a DNS record on the Internet.  Whom is your
ISP or service provider.  Whom hosts your DNS (external that is)?

The addresses you assigned are not routable IP's.  This means you need
to assign a duplicate IP that is routable to the interface connected to
the internet and or obtain the NAT INFORMATION from whatever device
precedes your server (Firewall/Nat BOX/)...dunno...Only you have that
info.

Several things need to happen:
You need a valid MX Record (DNS) for your Mail Exchanger
You need a valid IP Address (routable on the Internet)
This IP address has to be bound to something?
You can bind it to a firewall and forward that traffic internally
or....you can bind it to your second network card (typically a bad
idea).

Does this help?