-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Joe Pochedley
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2001 3:12 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Queueing incoming mail

Kind ladies and gentlemen of the list, looking for a little advice today...

A couple weeks from now, over the long Christmas weekend, we need to take
our Exchange server off-line for a few days to perform some maintenance...
In the time period it's down, nobody will be in the office so we don't need
to worry about disrupring the day-to-day operations of the users...

The only problem we can foresee is that incoming email can't be received
because the Exchange server will be off and people outside the company will
get NDR's because their mail can't be delivered to us (for possibly up to
three days)...  What can I use as a temporary queue to hold all the incoming
email and then will allow me to dump the queued SMTP messages to the
Exchange server once it's back up and running?  Something simple (and free)
is preferred, all I need is a queue to hold the messages while we perform
our maintenance and deliver the items when we're through...

TIA for any suggestions!

Joe Pochedley
"I like deadlines,"
cartoonist Scott Adams once said.