From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, December 09, 2001 5:48 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Filter Sets and Users trying to bypass them.

I am experiencing a "high volume" of users attempting to bypass my filter
set by renaming the extensions.  For example, I filter *.exe and about 15
other extensions.  However, the users got smart at one point and renamed the
extension to *.txt.  So, I had to start filtering *.txt files.

I'm to the point where I'm about to start filtering everything using a
default filter of *.*

I probably won't be able to retain this policy for very long so I'm
wondering how others have handled this problem?

I would like to filter all attachments but be able to designate certain
users to be able to send and receive certain files.  Most Exchange AV
software affects all users.  I'm hoping to see something like this in the
next build of Antigen (hint, hint).

Anyway, have not looked at Exchange 2000 yet so I'm not sure if it addresses
this type of issue or not.

Any comments?

BEM