Hoping someone has run into this before.

I am receiving "extension smtp cannot be loaded" when trying to open the IMC
on my Ex 5.5 SP4 / NT 4 SP6a.  I have the option of abort/ignore/retry, if I
ignore the IMC opens.  This has just recently (past week) started, I
originally saw it running admin from my W2K pro workstation.  It also
happens logged onto the server.

Q196924 and Q250907 both refer to a version conflict of IMCADMIN.DLL but
when I follow the instructions and look at the version number in raw mode it
matches the version of the file.

Any ideas?  I am planning a reboot during off hours but I hate that answer.
The only other thing I can think of right now would be to re-apply SP4 but
that is not a willy-nilly answer for a production server.

Any help is appreciated.

Allan Johnson