From: Hansen, Eric [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2001 10:02 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Encrypted Emails - XP?

Hi

I had a Dev group get XP OS and Outlook XP on their systems and they
seem to have lost the ability to send encrypted emails through the
KMserver on our exchange site(not sending external).

Anyone running XP?  Any ideas?

I'm not entirely convinced that it's a Outlook problem, I had to disable
a setting in the local security policy just to get the XP machines on
the nt4 domain.

The only associated event is Event ID 2 :crypt "" Successful auto update
retrieval of third-party root list cab from:
<http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trust
edr/
en/authrootstl.cab>

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.";

When I click on the link it sends something to MS (oh joy) and comes
back with a cab file that has a authroot.stl in it.  I haven't the
slightest clue what to do with this file.

e-